Emergency retrieval clinical system (EMRS) from Nugensis is a new modern clinical system for aero-medical and land-based Pre-Hospital and Retrieval Medicine (PHaRM). The user-friendly interface allows rapid creation of new records and provides immediate access to existing patient information from the beginning to end of every mission. This data collection within the patient record is modelled on the published European consensus database for pre-hospital services while also providing service-specific metrics.
THE EMRSVIEW SOLUTION
Why implement EMRSView?
- The application shows the latest data on patient flow, incomplete assessments and bottlenecks. This helps staff make quick assessments of priorities and urgent actions leading to lower waiting times, supporting the drive to meet demanding national targets.
- Streamlined shift handovers through easy information sharing.
- Reduces clinicians’ time spent on administration and gives more clinical time for direct patient care.
- Improves the efficiency and effectiveness of multi-disciplinary teamwork, through more effective communications with wards, clinicians and pharmacists.
- Better management of emergency facilities with more efficient management of the patient journey.
- Immediate and real-time overview of the precise status of admitting Ward and MAU helps to free up beds and rooms more quickly.
Emergency retrieval and trauma services deal with immediately life-threatening conditions, so speed of response is vital. Creating an accurate record of events which is also easy to create has a vital role in ensuring the best outcome for each patient. Each mission record, which adds to a complete database of activity and outcomes, provides a significant basis for PHaRM clinical and service development.